Saturday, January 28, 2012

New School


There’s a phrase Holy Spirit has been whispering to me all week.
“School of unpopular belief (thought)”.
Jesus was of this school.

He took everything man had known about God and turned it upside-down.
He was (is) the New and Complete revelation of who God is.
He came and made God known.
No longer (only) a distant Divine being, but a personal, nurturing, loving Friend.

The ways of man are not God’s ways, nor His thoughts man’s thoughts.
And so, He came to earth so that man could know His ways and His thoughts.
We have been given the mind of Christ (2 Corinthians 2:16)

I have a devotional which was published in the 1930’s and written by two women who recorded what Holy Spirit said to them for an entire year. 
Here’s what I read this morning, 
“Truly man’s thoughts are not God’s thoughts, nor man’s ways God’s ways. 
When you seek to follow Me in all, it frequently means a complete reversion of the ways of the world…
but it is a reversion that leads to boundless happiness and peace.”

This is the exact revelation Holy Spirit has been giving me!
In fact, yesterday He said to me,
 “Man is arrogant in his idea that he has Me all figured out; 
that there is some formula to relationship with Me which can be mass produced and copied. 
Man places bonds upon man when he “teaches” that 
in order to have “right standing” with Me one must do
 “this and that”, “thus and such”.
A heart which is truly humble realizes that one’s perception and understanding 
of who I AM today can (and will) change tomorrow
 as I reveal to them, more and more about Myself.
I never change, but man’s understanding of Me does
This is growth, progress, forward motion.
The one whose understanding of me never changes has grown stagnant.
(And we know that stagnant water breeds disease).
Yes, there are fundamental Truths about who I AM, 
but the simple Truth is that Christ has given every one access to My throne 
and whoever trust in Him (John 3:16) has My constant guidance and council.
Jesus’ life on earth made Me known.
I am telling you this so that you will share it 
and help the captives realize that they have (already) been set free!”

WoW!
 Who am I that God would speak so freely to me?
~A beloved daughter of the Most High King 
with access to all of His riches and glory
~that’s who!

And you know what?
You’re a beloved child of this Most High King too!

Hallelujah!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lysa. I just woke up and had the feeling I needed to check in on you. I see you haven't posted this week. I do hope everything is okay. I'm thinking about you girl. God gave me the nudge to let you know that. Now you just let me know what I can do for you.

    Love...Tracy ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is amazing! :) Thank you for your obedience in communicating with me!
      I'm doing alright. Haven't been inspired (Nudged by Holy Spirit) to write anything lately. Stange, but okay. ;)
      I appreciate your kindness, thoughts & prayers.
      I do continue to pray for you & your family.
      Love & Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lysa, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping to comment!
      I love meeting fellow bloggers & will definitely stop by yours.
      Blessings!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...