Monday, January 2, 2012

Perspective

What man sees as supernatural,
God sees as natural.

What man calls a miracle,
God calls a normal occurance.

God sees the beginning from the end.
Man sees only in-part.

What God speaks is already done.
It's simply a matter of it manifesting at the appointed time.

I love the passage in 2 Kings where Elisha and his servant are surrounded by the enemy
and the servant falls into despair; hopelessness.
Then Elisha prays to the Lord for his eyes to be opened.
Here's how it goes,
"So [the Syrian king] sent there horses, chariots, and a great army.
 They came by night and surrounded the city.
When the servant of the man of God rose early and went out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was around the city.
Elisha's servant said to him, Alas, my master! What shall we do?
 [Elisha] answered, Fear not; for those with us are more than those with them.
Then Elisha prayed, Lord, I pray You, open his eyes that he may see.
And the Lord opened the young man's eyes, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

Elisha knew his God.
He trusted Him.
And he knew how to see through heaven's eyes.
Now that's perspective for you!


It delights the Lord to share, with His children,
the plans and purposes of heaven.

Jesus told us to pray,
"Your will be done on earth as it is (already)  done in heaven."

I spent a great deal of 2011 asking the Lord
to teach me how to see through His eyes more clearly;
to learn how to remain in His perspective continually.
I have learned that it is mostly a choice.
I can choose to see things from a worldly persprective
OR
 I can purpose to see from a heavenly perspective.
I have made it my habit
 to take captive those thoughts which are not of heaven
and to replace them with God thoughts.
I still have a way to go.
Forty years of wordly thinking hasn't gone away as quickly as I would like.
But I have found that learning to live in heaven's perspective
is as simple as saying the name, "Jesus".
Because all evil flees at His name!

By the power of Holy Spirit and because of
Jesus' life, death & resurrection,
God's perspective is available to everyone who believes
~ in Christ, as Messiah (Savior, God with us).

Woot! Halleljuah!

How about you?
Whose perspective do you want to live by this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...