Wednesday, January 25, 2012

God Thoughts No. Forty Seven


Learning to live in the reality of the simplicity
of a life in Christ is astoundingly liberating!

When Jesus said that the Peace 
He gives transcends human understanding,
He wasn't kidding.

For the past couple/three years 
I have held onto those words 
as if my life depended on them 
(in fact it has).

In the midst of chaos and turmoil, 
I have clung to those words and made them mine 
(Jesus said them, so they were mine to begin with).
They have become my lifeline.

At first I had to remind myself of those words-
What did Jesus say?
Oh yeah, Peace!
But as I held tight to them, 
they began to sink deep into the core of my being.
They became real; 
living, breathing entities 
which have sustained me.
Every day (literally) I have had opportunity to 
test them, cherish them, cultivate them and live them.

Some days are easy
and some days 
take a conscious effort to stand on them;
allow them to course through my being 
and infuse me with Peace.

As I purposed to learn to do so, 
the Truth of these words became reality.
The things which used to nearly paralyze me with fear
 no longer have a hold on me.
They lurk and threaten, but they have no power.
I have allowed Peace to rule my life.

Jesus truly does give a Peace 
which transcends all human understanding.
The feeling of true Peace is almost indescribable.

My hearts sings,
My body rejoices,
My soul soars,
My burden is light!
It is amazing!

 

The most incredible part is that 
this Peace belongs to every one of us.
Jesus said,
 “The Counselor, Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) 
will teach you everything;
that is, He will remind you of everything I said.
I am leaving you with shalom (peace)-
I am giving you My shalom.”
Matthew 14:26-27

Peace belongs to us.
Jesus left it here.
He has (already) given it to us.
It is an unfathomable gift!
And as with all gifts, we have a choice.
We can either pick it up and use it
OR
We can lay it aside and ignore it.

Thank you Holy Spirit for reminding me!
Thank you for your constant guidance;
The One, the only, True Counselor
who, indeed, has all of the answers!

May Peace rule and reign in your heart
~today and always!


Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...