Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Robbed

People are robbed every day.

Children ~
of innocence.

Men and women ~
of dignity.

Workers ~
 of wages.

Innocent ~
of justice.

Citizens ~
of what’s right.


We’ve been robbed.
It’s not the first time.
Probably won’t be the last.

We live in a place where we have had to turn the other cheek so many times
we don’t know which one to turn next.

Bruised. Bloody. Tired.

What gets me through it all?
God.
And His promise ~
To protect.

I don’t desire revenge.
I desire for people to do what’s right.

I know ~
That would be a perfect world.
And until Jesus returns to rule and reign,
our world remains imperfect.

One can always hope.

Right?

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...