Sunday, January 8, 2012

God Thoughts No. Forty Three

Most of my mornings begin with my asking the Lord for a word, a verse or some sort of encouragement.
Hearing from Him first thing in the morning is what gets me through the day.

This morning I was thinking about alot of things; the children, the hubby’s new job, finances, etc.
Before I knew it I began wondering if I really was on the right track.
I could feel doubt and fear beginning to creep up.
I began to question whether I have been hearing God correctly.
As soon as I realized where my thoughts were going, I asked the Lord for an encouraging word.

He said, “Look at Matthew 17.”

Verses 1-8 read, “Jesus took Peter, James and his brother John and led them up a high mountain privately. As they watched, Jesus began to change form - His face shone like the sun and his clothing became white as light. Then they looked and saw Moses and Elijah speaking with him. Peter said to Jesus, ‘It’s good that we’re here, Lord. I’ll put up three shelters if you want – one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.’ While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them; a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love, with whom I am well pleased. Listen to him!’ When the disciples heard this, they were so frightened that they fell face down on the ground. But Jesus came and touched them. ‘Get up!’ he said. ‘Don’t be afraid.’ So they opened their eyes, looked up and saw only Jesus by himself.”

These few verses revealed several things to me.

First, Jesus loves to spend time with us. It is His delight to walk with us and to show us things that our “natural” eyes cannot see; the things of heaven.

The second thing I noticed was how Peter was so quick to want to “DO” something (build the shelters-which is so like Peter!) but while he was speaking about it, God interrupted him.
The Lord reminded me that I don’t always have to be “doing” something.
He desires to bless me anyway.

Third, is the fact that God said, “Listen to him!”
I do listen. I’m pretty good at it.
 Where I struggle is in simply taking Him at His word.
Now I know that in a previous post, I said that my motto was, “Jesus said it so I believe it!”
- And it is my motto. I just struggle with living it every day!

I noticed too, that in fear, they looked down (away from the Lord).
Sure, it may have been reverent fear of God, but it still caused them to look away.
And when they did, they missed out on something (Moses and Elijah left).
Yeah, fear causes us to miss out on things of and from the Lord because our eyes are turned away from Him and focused on the fear.
Ouch!
I can’t even think about how much I have missed because of fear!

And finally, I saw that Jesus touched them.
 And when He did they opened their eyes.
They placed their focus back on Him and all was well.

That is the beauty of the Lord.
 We go through so many things; inflict upon ourselves our own misery,
yet He is always there, ready with a touch; to set us back on course.

With these verses, the Lord reminded me that often, I make things more difficult than they need to be.
When He says something, He means it.
 He has said, “Listen to me, Lysa.
Don’t doubt or worry. Instead, look up! Your redemption is near!”
Yes, He said it and I believe it!

Thank You, Lord, for setting me back on course!

What has He said to you today?

1 comment:

  1. One of my teachers posed this question - "Do you think Jesus could walk a tightrope suspended over Niagra Falls?" Of course - He's the Lord. He can do all things. "OK, do you think He could walk the tightrope pushing a wheelbarrow?" Abbsolutely! He's Jesus. Nothing is impossible with Him. "Would you get in the wheel barrow?" (Silence) Faith is believing He can do it. Trust is getting in the wheelbarrow. Rest is curling up & going to sleep while you cross.

    Don't ever feel bad about missed opportunities. Grace redeems those & keeps us right where we need to be. You are a much loved daughter of the King! Thanks again for sharing your heart. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...