Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Testing 1,2,3


Alright everyone! This is a test! I am posting this from my phone and am quite curious as to how it's going to turn out!

Since it is a test, I thought it appropriate that I include a recipe for a simple yet delicious Lemon Cake recipe which I just happened to make up on a whim the other day!

I don't usually use cake mixes, but I wanted something quick and easy and was limited to only a few ingredients on hand.

As it turns out, the cake was delicious! The only thing I regret is that I didn't take a picture of it! Oh well, here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup ricotta cheese (or sour cream)
4 eggs
1 yellow cake mix
1 small box instant lemon pudding mix

In a large bowl, mix butter and ricotta until smooth. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in cake and pudding mixes. Stir until all lumps are gone. (You may use electric mixer if desired). Pour into a well greased bundt cake pan. The batter will be very thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until done. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with Lemon drizzle or sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Lemon drizzle:
Zest and juice one lemon into bowl or 2 cup measuring cup. Add powdered sugar until it reaches desired consistency. Drizzle over cake and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...