Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pause-for-Thought...In Memorial


You may or may not know this, but at the end of March, I began working at Twigs, Yerington's local flower shop. The way it all came about was an absolute "God thing"! (He will never cease to amaze me!)
Working at Twigs has been an absolute joy and I have been blessed with the opportunity to get to know Tracey better. Tracey is the owner and is an amazing lady full of creativity and an eye for floral design like you wouldn't believe!
Since I've been at Twigs, the Lord has opened my eyes to many new things. He is heightening my awareness of people's moods and emotions. Flowers are a very powerful thing. God has instilled within us a strong connection with nature; created beings connected with created things. (It was Adam, after all, who named them!) I have witnessed people transform in countenance by the simple delivery of a beautiful bouquet. I have greeted people who have walked through the door wearing a frown and have led them out the door with a hug and a smile. Oh what a privilege it is to touch God's children in such a way! I thank Him for the beauty of His creation. Flowers truly are a gift from Him.
Another thing that He has brought to my attention is the significance flowers play around the holidays. Not, just holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, but like the ones coming upon us now...Memorial Day for instance. We have received several orders for memorial bouquets and/or wreaths. Most of which will be taken and placed at grave sights of lost loved-ones.
Then it occurred to me...wouldn't it be neat if everyone who is planning a Memorial Day barbecue would order a bouquet in memory of any lost loved-ones? I thought about my own mom and how it would touch her if I purchased a bouquet in memory of my grandma and gave it to her at the end of the day. It's such a simple thing, yet it says so much!
The Lord, in His infinite love, is constantly aware of each of us; our moods, our desires, our quirks! And I just love it when He reaches down and pours that love for you into me!
Blessings to you my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...