Saturday, January 15, 2011

God Thoughts No. Two

It takes more strength (a stronger person?) to endure other people's "stuff" than it does to walk away.



"There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." (or enemies) John 15:13

Perhaps Jesus wasn't speaking only about physical death as we often do, but about dying to "self" for the sake of others.

Romans 12:20 comes to mind...“If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.”


I love how (my) Bob defines humility:
choosing not to exercise my "rights" for the sake of another.
Jesus' death on the cross is the embodiment of humility.

 
Learning this lesson in humility and truly loving has been an arduous one, but I wouldn't change a thing!

2 comments:

  1. Right on! I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I totally agree. Blessings!

    - Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and encouraging!
    Blessings back~Truly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...