Friday, January 28, 2011

God Thoughts No. Six


In my garden are many words.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight O Lord."

From the heart spring forth the words of the mouth.

"The tongue is a small thing but has the power of life and death."

Am I speaking words that bring life or death?

Do I uplift or quench the spirits of those with whom I speak?

A godly woman speaks wisdom and on her tongue is the Law of kindness.

Kindness is my motto, my purpose.

As a Christ-follwer, I will speak kindness.

I will not try to impose my ideas upon everyone I meet.

Yet, I will speak the Truth in love and with kindness.

I will not use words which make others feel low.

Instead, I will encourage, uplift, and build up those around me.

In Jesus' garden are words of kindness, love and Truth.

Jesus loves. Jesus saves.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Lysa, You always write the most wonderful thought provoking post. The tongue can be the most powerful weapon. And you right it can work either way, mercifully or viciously. We have the choice of how it will be used.

    Thank you for coming by yesterday and today. I know I sound like a broken record but the words you wrote me, especially yesterday were so touching and had me in tears. To know that the Lord is with you while you are praying for us and to know that we are on your mind means everything. I know you understand so well and are so close to the situation having lost your own Mother such a short time ago. God bless you Lysa, for your caring heart and your generosity. I'm so happy to have a friendship with you. Lots of love and a huge hug....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...