Saturday, June 4, 2011

God Thoughts No. Twenty-Two

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed."
Psalm 34:18



This verse has been swirling around my thoughts for a couple of days now.
As Holy Spirit brings it to the forefront of my mind, I praise Him for His grace and comfort.
I also ask Him of whom He is speaking. Various people come to mind, thus I pray comfort over them.

Yesterday, as I was reflecting on this verse, I thought about how, through an inspection of my own life and through the observation of people, I can conclude that the condition of a persons heart can often be measured by the amount of drama one creates in ones life.

I have found that, usually, the amount of drama one creates is equal to the amount of damage their heart has suffered.

This observation drives me to a deeper sense of God's love.
He is, indeed, close to the broken-hearted.
A person who suffers does not go unnoticed by God.

Verse 17 of Psalm 34 says, however,
"The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles."
and verse 19 promises
"The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time."

Yes, He is near to the broken-hearted, but He asks that we acknowledge our brokenness.
It isn't a requirement for Him to be near because He is always near, but He does desire for us to look up.

His desire is that we acknowledge His nearness, embrace it and allow Him to heal us.
In doing so,
"Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong."
Ephesians 3:17

There is a way to overcome broken-heartedness and the Way is through the Love of Jesus.

If you're feeling broken today, I pray that a new revelation of the Lord's great and abiding Love will go deep into the very core of your being so as to heal you and break the bonds of drama in your life.

I speak from experience when I say, a life without drama is much more peaceful than a life full of it!

Peace and grace to you and yours.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...