Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reaching Out

Upon reflecting, this morning, on the past few years of my life and the many trials we have been faced with and comparing that with the joy and elation I have been experiencing lately, the Lord spoke with resounding clarity. "You are filled with joy as a result of reaching out to others with encouragement. It is the natural blessing of loving people." WOW!

I then realized just how TRUE that statement is. All of my life I have struggled with small bouts of depression. What the Lord has shown me, many times over the years, is that when I determine to reach out to others despite my current turmoil, He, indeed, blesses me with an uplifted spirit and the strength to go on!

Feeling good is the natural result of loving and caring for others. It's HIS design! Isn't our God so loving and gracious? It is exactly what Jesus did in His life. It is what He did on the cross. And it is what He continues to do today!

While He walked the earth in bodily form, He encouraged, uplifted, healed and blessed people. While He hung on the cross, He forgave and interceded for people. Now, upon the throne, He continually uplifts, blesses, encourages, heals and intercedes for us! What an amazing Lord and Savior!

Before He left the earth, He told us, as His followers, to DO the same as He does. Uplift, encourage, bless, intercede, heal...need I say more?

Well, I WILL say more! I will say to you, dear reader, "Have a wonderfully blessed and encouraged day! And remember, He formed you in your mother's womb and KNEW you before you were born. He has an amazing plan for your life if you will just submit your will to His!"

Love & blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...