Friday, August 10, 2012

Faith & Fear


Twice within this past week
I have driven past a 
local church marquee
that says,
"Feed your faith
and your fears will starve."

Both times Holy Spirit said,
"Fear is a choice."

As I thought about this further,
Holy Spirit reminded me that,
in Scripture,
we are told numerous times
NOT to fear
(worry, fret, be afraid, dismayed or concerned).

And truly,
since we are commanded
NOT to fear,
then obviously, 
we have a choice in the matter.

On-the-other-hand,
Faith, the Bible tells us,
is a gift;
another wonderful, gracious gift
freely given to us by Jesus.

And as with all gifts,
we choose either to use it
or cast it aside.

When we view these things;
Faith & fear,
in light of what they truly are,
we
see, once again,
clearly
just how simple God made it
for us to access all of the goodness
He intends for us.

Oh what a
Good
&
Gracious
Father He IS!

1 comment:

  1. Oh' Lysa, how many lessons could I learn from you? You seem to see things so clearly. I need to work on these lessons.

    Good news for you this morning. You're the winner of my Adora Calcium Supplement Giveaway. You can see the announcement here:
    http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com/2012/08/adora-chocolate-calcium-supplement_20.html

    I'm also sending you an email. Please email me your address within 48 hours to claim your prize.

    Congratulations and Hugs...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...