Wednesday, November 30, 2011

God Thoughts No. Forty

The older I get, I realize, the less I know;
yet I am convinced of many things.

My need to always be right has dwindled,
yet, there are things which I know to be true.

If man would put aside his need to always be right
and take the time to truly listen to his fellow man,
we would live in a completely different kind of world.
To be truly humble
is to put aside one's "rights"
and the need to always be right;
to defer to others by seeking to
understand them,
empathize with them
and esteem them higher than one's self.

Jesus didn't come to be served but to serve.
Pride and arrogance have no place in the heart of a true servant.

Full reign, compliance and control to Holy Spirit is key.
He must increase and I must decrease.
Better still, He WILL in crease as I purpose to decrease.

How's that for some "random" thoughts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...