Thursday, November 3, 2011

In Order to Save Face, I’m Closing the Book…

Facebook
That is.

Yesterday I announced on Facebook and Twitter that I was quitting;
Quitting Facebook, Twitter & Blogger.
After much consideration, I have decided, however, to keep the blog.
I have always written down my thoughts of God to God.
There is no reason I should cease to do so now.
Whether anyone reads it or not does not matter.
I write because it’s what I do.
It’s who I am.
Facebook and Twitter, however, are another matter completely.
When I first started on FB and Twitter, I thought they would serve as a great way to keep in touch with people; a quick and easy way to share, encourage and uplift one another.
Unfortunately, for about the past year, for me, they have served as tools of discouragement.
I have witnessed others on FB encouraging & loving one another with warm and endearing words while I sit alone in mourning.

In the fourteen months since my mom passed away, I have had one friend who has taken the time to phone me on a regular basis and to encourage & support me (physically, emotionally; even financially). Ironically, she isn’t even on FB!

So…I quit!

Now before you “tsk, tsk” me for being hurt and/or offended, let me say, that I am neither! (any more).
I’m tired.
I’m weary.
I need a break.
Perhaps this is my forty days in the wilderness.

What-ever-the-case, please don’t pray for what you think it is I need.
 If you would like to pray for me, please pray Spirit-led/filled prayers as it is He who knows what it is I need.

I promise I will do the same for you because that’s what He desires for us to do!

In His love, with abundant blessings, have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lysa,

    I think my go-to prayer in times like these is "God - who do you want to reveal yourself to me as that You can't do at any other time?" Then I just hang out in the Word and wait for His Voice. I hear what you are saying. My prayer for you is Psalms 67 - That His Face would shine on you today. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...