Saturday, March 26, 2011

God Thoughts No. Sixteen

I've been thinking lately about Jesus (haha, go figure).

About His work on the cross;
His life, death and resurrection.

About His words and all that He promised;
how His finished work on the cross has empowered those who believe in Him,
not only as Savior, but as LORD.

About how, after He had ascended back into heaven,
the promised Helper came and filled those who had gathered in His name
and had purposed to live by the power of His Spirit.

And about how, often, our prayers are based on our perception of God
rather than who He TRULY is.



"I have told you these things, that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy and gladness may be of full measure and complete and overflowing." John 15:11

If Jesus' words hold the power to fill us completely, with His joy,
then do sadness, depression, anger, etc really have place in my life?
Do His words hold the power to overcome even those emotions?



"May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love...

[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!" Ephesians 3:17,19

If it is Christ and the power of Holy Spirit who enables us to love,
do I have the right to hold onto grudges or ill feelings toward others?


"DO NOT let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.
I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.

The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.
I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you. But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]

" John 14:1, 12, 17-18, 26-27

If I believe in God and believe that He is, indeed, good;
that Christ came to save the world;
that Holy Spirit is all-powerful and lives within me, empowering me,
does fear or helplessness have any bearing on my life?



Often, we pray for "more";
more faith, more patience, more grace, more mercy, more miracles, etc

But I submit to you,
God has already given these things to us in full measure.
Through Christ and the power of His Spirit,
all of these things are already completely ours.

Perhaps, it is simply a matter of learning
how to believe them, receive them, hold onto them and use them!

Blessings to you dear brother or sister!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...