Saturday, December 4, 2010

Leisure

Today I got up at 6:30a.m., fed the animals, then went back to bed and stayed there until 9:00a.m.! Now, it's 10:30a.m. and I'm sitting in my pajamas, messing around with my blog! OH! The blessing and necessity of leisure time!

Relaxing and participating in leisurely activities is something I am still learning how to do. My "personality type", in the past, has not allowed me the gift of leisure. However, upon realizing that God never intended me to fit into a "personality type" and in my quest to seek to be all that He desires for me to be, I am learning that He does, in fact, allow me leisure time. Not only in my quiet time with Him, but in my daily responsibilities as well.


My mom and dear friend
enjoying each other's company
Christmas 2008













I have a friend who asked me a couple of years ago what it is that I enjoy doing "for fun". Sadly, I could not answer her. I was so busy and caught up in the responsibilities of life, that I had actually forgotten what it is that I like to do. To be honest, I don't know if I every really even knew to begin with! EEK.


My son enjoying conversation with a friend
June 2009













I have realized that many of us get caught up with the idea that constant activity is some form of piety. At some point, my perception of leisure became synonymous with laziness. I have now realized that it was a trap in my thinking, set by the enemy, in order to tangle me up in religiosity. Oh how thankful I am for God's grace and the revealing of His Spirit in my life!


All of this to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed my leisurely morning, am thankful for it and blessed by it.
I wish you a very blessed day and hope and pray that you are better at enjoying your leisure time than I am!

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome blog and revelation and I totally agree!

    There is so much power in the ability to rest in him and what he has done. The enemy wants us to strive, to perform, to be freaking religious really, when the simple revelation is that he has done it all and we simply have to receive it.

    Love ya!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest cousin I think is must run in our DNA for I too feel the same way. I tell myself I am being lazy, so this was so perfect for me to read. Thank you so much for being so transparent and sharing with all of us. Your words are such a blessing and encouragement.

    Lots of Love
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...