Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Daughter & Father - A Dialogue

Why do I bother?
"Because I told you to."

Does it even matter?
"It matters to Me."

Who really cares?
"I care."



I want people to care.
"Some do."

A few... I guess.
"Yes."


"Am I enough for you?"
Of course. Yes.
But you said to desire relationships.
"Yes?"

I desire more.
"Treasure the few I have given you.
They will come."

It's hard.
"I will sustain you."

I'm tired.
"I know."



Shall I continue?
"Yes."

Will anyone read?
"Perhaps."

I wish I didn't care; that it didn't matter.
"What matters is that you obey."

I know.
That's why I continue.
"Then you do well.
Obedience is My heart's desire.
And as you fulfill the desires of My heart,
so will I fulfill yours."

I want only to desire what Your heart desires.
"And so it is.
You are an obedient daughter,
And that IS all that matters."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment!
And have a specially blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...